Since the early 1980s, Hesperian has been helping Peace Corps volunteers improve global health by equipping them with our flagship book, Where There Is No Doctor, as they travel to their host countries around the world. Together, we have saved lives and empowered communities to create action for change.
Join “Friends of Where There Is No Doctor” to share your experiences with other RPCVs, to participate in a conversation about how health resources can improve community health in YOUR host community, as well as help tell the story of how Where There Is No Doctor has been changing and saving lives for four decades.
Here are some other ways you can get involved:
- Keep Doctor in Print: You can make Where There Is No Doctor available to future generations of Peace Corps volunteers by donating to Hesperian today.
- Multiply Your Gift: Find out if your company matches employee donations by asking your HR department.
- Share Your Story: Strengthen the partnership by telling us how you have used Hesperian books in the field. The information you share can be used to improve future editions of our books. Do you have photos or videos to share? Send them to RPCV@hesperian.org.
- Send Books to Your Host Country: You can support your host community by purchasing Hesperian books to be sent to your community. You can also donate to our Gratis Books Fund to send books where they are needed most.
- Tell a Friend: You can spread the word about Hesperian, helping put our books in the hands of people who need them, and sharing our digital materials. Visit us on facebook to stay in touch and get updates on 40th Anniversary events and activities!
Thank you for being such an integral part of Hesperian’s life and growth as an organization—we look forward to many years of partnership to come!