Hesperian seeks a full-time Marketing Manager, responsible for increasing the visibility, sales, and brand-awareness of Hesperian’s suite of print, digital, and mobile health products grounded in social justice. We are looking for a creative and strategic thinker to lead the design, planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of marketing campaigns to increase our sales, visibility metrics, and overall impact. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who believes that achieving health is a political struggle and sees marketing as a means to increase revenue to sustain our work and ensure that millions of people have access to vital health information. We seek a candidate with proven experience, who is mission-driven and passionate about the right to health for all.
Primary duties include:
- Design, plan, and implement product marketing campaigns, both short- and long-term, to generate visibility, sales and uptake of our print and e-books, free digital resources, and free multilingual mobile apps.
- Track traffic and impact, and use data and analytics to inform decisions and improve results.
- Plan, write, and publish weekly mass email communications as well as other public-facing content.
- Lead the social media department, increasing output and engagement across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms.
- Develop and publish content on Hesperian’s website.
- Develop promotional materials including social media graphics, videos, press releases, ads, collateral materials for conferences, etc. with the support of our graphic design team.
- This position participates in the Management Team, which defines, plans, and tracks the strategic goals of the organization.
- Be the lead in the on-going exploration and evaluation of Hesperian’s evolving business model
- Develop new revenue streams.
- Coordinate with and/or supervise staff, contractors, volunteers, work-study students, and interns.
- Commitment to social justice and global health, as described in the mission of the organization.
- 5 years of relevant experience in marketing, publicity, outreach, or communications in the nonprofit sector. Social media marketing experience is a requirement.
- Strong planning and project management skills, ability to manage multi-faceted projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement product marketing campaigns.
- Strong writing and editing skills, especially of promotional materials.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, and adjust to shifting demands and priorities.
- Availability for occasional travel to represent Hesperian at conferences and meetings.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Hesperian’s work.
- Spanish or French language proficiency a plus.
Compensation & benefits:
Starting salary is $60,000 to $70,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits include vacation, medical, dental, and vision care.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to: Hesperian, ATTN: Marketing Manager. Email: [email protected] No phone calls, please.
Hesperian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Hesperian policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed or religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.