Hesperian Health Guides seeks a full-time Executive/Administrative Assistant, to provide support to the Executive Director, Business Manager and several of our projects. This is an entry level position with space for growth for someone who is passionate about social justice and believes in the right to health for all.
- Provide support to Executive Director, including managing day to day calendar and scheduling appointments, communications with partners and other relations
- Assist ED in scheduling, organizing, and documenting Staff and Board meetings
- Assist ED and other staff in preparing travel and presentations for conferences and other events
- General public relations including manage correspondence and requests for information
- Participate actively in Hesperian’s staff meetings and organizational planning processes
- Special projects as needed – valuing your skill set, and your interests
- Manage recruitment and orientations for new staff, work study students, interns, and volunteers
- Coordinate and support small events and meetings
- Support the Business Manager in monitoring and maintaining administrative functions of the office, including fulfillment (book sales), supply acquisition and similar
- Trouble shooting problems with office equipment
- Other tasks as needed
- Commitment to social and economic justice; interest or background in public health is greatly valued
- Highly organized
- Able to work both collaboratively and with little supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent orientation to detail and ability to shift priorities quickly
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Friendly, responsible, timely and reliable
- A sense of humor, positive attitude, resourcefulness
- French or Spanish language skills preferred
- Excellent ability to communicate with staff, Board members, volunteers and Hesperian supporters
- Computer skills with experience in MS Office, Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive
Compensation & benefits:
Starting salary is $39,000 to $43,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits include vacation, medical, dental, and vision care. Hesperian has a family-friendly, flexible workplace.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to: Hesperian, ATTN: Executive / Project Assistant. Email: [email protected] No phone calls, please.
Hesperian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Hesperian policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed or religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.