Summary of Position:
Hesperian seeks a full-time Marketing and Outreach Manager to join our team. The Marketing and Outreach Manager is responsible for increasing the visibility and sales of Hesperian’s print and digital products, as well as promoting our social justice perspective on health. Working from our downtown Berkeley office, this position manages publicity and marketing activities, including social media, press outreach, presence at conferences, and targeted outreach to individuals, networks, and organizations. Revenue generated from sales of print and digital products contributes 15% of Hesperian’s budget, and the Marketing and Outreach Manager’s responsibilities include meeting increased sales targets and visibility metrics.
Primary duties include:
- Plan and implement targeted marketing activities to generate visibility for books, mobile apps, and other print and digital resources. Use data and analytics to inform decisions and improve results.
- Oversee and contribute to planning and implementation of regular e-blast and social media communications with Hesperian’s contacts and followers.
- Coordinate content development for Hesperian’s website.
- Work with Hesperian’s graphic designers and contractors to develop new promotional materials including ads, fliers, posters, web pages, videos, etc.
- Participate in Hesperian’s Senior Management team, which tracks progress meeting key organizational goals, adjusts processes, and makes decisions.
- Contribute to the on-going exploration and evaluation of Hesperian’s evolving business model and develop new revenue streams.
- Coordinate with and/or supervise staff, contractors, volunteers, work-study students, and interns.
- At least 5 years of relevant nonprofit experience in marketing and publicity campaigns. Demonstrated ability to write promotional materials.
- Strong planning and project management skills, ability to manage multi-faceted projects.
- Experience managing staff and/or contractors.
- Commitment to social justice, understanding of the issues and politics of community and international health and development.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Hesperian’s mission and work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, set and meet deadlines, and adjust to shifting demands and priorities.
- Availability for occasional travel to represent Hesperian at conferences and meetings
- Spanish or French language proficiency a plus.
Compensation & benefits:
Starting salary is $55,000 to $65,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits include vacation, medical, dental, and vision care.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to: Hesperian, ATTN: Marketing and Outreach Manager. Email: [email protected] No phone calls, please.
Hesperian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Hesperian policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed or religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.