Hesperian also has many opportunities for volunteering. To learn about our available volunteer positions, please visit our Volunteer page.
Marketing, Communications, and Outreach Manager
This is a multi-faceted position for a committed and motivated person to manage marketing, communications, publicity, outreach and sales for a rapidly evolving nonprofit print and digital publishing organization. Join a mission-driven team dedicated to increasing access – paid and unpaid — to essential health information for people who need it most.
Primary duties include:
- Manage Hesperian’s communications and publicity activities, including regular eblasts, blogs and social media; press outreach; and shared content development and maintenance for the organization’s website.
- Work closely with staff and contractors to maintain and carry out promotional plans, and generate visibility and revenues related to new books/ booklets, digital resources, conferences, etc. Use data and analytics to inform decisions and improve results.
- Work with the Fundraising team and staff to ensure organizational coherence of messaging to donors, customers, and supporters. Current advocacy themes relate to health for immigrants and refugees; reproductive rights and health; environmental health; and access to healthcare.
- Initiate and coordinate efforts to market Hesperian’s print and digital materials. .
- Participate in relevant health and social justice networks, seeking opportunities to cultivate and maintain partnerships and increase organizational visibility and sales.
- Coordinate with Hesperian’s Production team to develop new promotional materials including fliers, posters, video, digital communications, etc.
- At least 3 years of relevant nonprofit experience in marketing, communications, and publicity campaigns. Demonstrated ability to write effective promotional and/or advocacy materials.
- Commitment to social justice, understanding of the issues and politics of community health and international development.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Hesperian’s mission and work.
- Strong planning and project management skills, ability to manage multi-faceted projects, ability to analyze and develop organizational strategy and models for income generation.
- Experience developing and maintaining organizational partnerships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, set and meet deadlines, and adjust to shifting demands and priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, social media platforms, databases, and aptitude for learning new software.
- Spanish language proficiency a plus.
Compensation & benefits:
This is a full time position. Starting salary is $48,000 to $62,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision care.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample to: Hesperian, ATTN: Marketing and Outreach Manager. Email: [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
Hesperian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Hesperian policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed or religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Work Study Opportunities
Paid work-study opportunities are available. If you are a UC Berkeley student, please visit the work-study website for a listing of open positions. If you are a student at another institution and are interested in work-study opportunities, please email us at [email protected].