Beginning with the classic Where There Is No Doctor in in the early 1970s, Hesperian Health Guides has developed and distributed health materials now available in over 80 languages. We work with hundreds of partners who help us update and field test materials to ensure they are accurate and easy-to-use. We take all this work to scale with fewer than 25 paid staff and an ever-increasing number of volunteers, currently at over 200. Hesperian is a 501c3 nonprofit, supported by individual and institutional donors, and revenue from the sale of books and digital tools.
Our resources are used by community health workers, midwives, Peace Corps volunteers, missionaries, teachers, health educators and community organizers to improve health around the world. Hundreds of government agencies and nonprofit organizations rely on Hesperian Health Guides to provide practical and comprehensive information on a wide range of health issues – from disability rights to women’s health, from protecting local ecosystems to training the next generation of health workers.
The Business Manager is responsible for financial management of the organization, including oversight of day-to-day accounting; for contributing to organizational strategy discussions; for managing Hesperian’s human resources function, including staff benefits programs and personnel policies; for managing the book order fulfillment department; and for managing Hesperian’s office in Berkeley.
The Business Manager supervises the Staff Accountant, Fulfillment Coordinator, and Customer Relations Coordinator. This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director. The Business Manager is a member of the Management Team and is required to have financial management skills and experience.
Functions, duties, and responsibilities
Financial management (60%)
- Oversee and ensure integrity of financial records, reports, and accounting data, through appropriate policies, procedures, systems, and controls.
- Manage Hesperian’s cash, including bank and investment accounts, under direction from the Executive Director, Treasurer, and Finance Committee; prepare regular cashflow projections to ensure sufficient liquidity for the organization.
- Supervise Staff Accountant and ensure that bookkeeping processes are functioning properly including cash handling, payments to suppliers, and staff payroll.
- Manage annual budget process, working with Executive Director and department managers.
- Oversee preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports that include monitoring of income and expenditure against budget, and commentary on significant issues.
- Liaise with fundraising department as needed to assist with grant budgeting, reconciliation of donor income, and to report on restricted funding.
- Manage accounting for inventory, in partnership with fulfillment department.
- Manage preparation of the annual financial statements and the audit, and coordinate with the auditor regarding the preparation of form 990, and other state and federal statutory filings.
- Oversee the collection and payment of sales tax as required.
Strategic management (10%)
- As a member of the Management Team, participate in research and analysis to develop Hesperian’s business model.
Human resources management (15%)
- Oversee staff payroll (implemented through an external payroll agency) and associated state and federal reporting requirements.
- Manage employee benefits programs, including holidays, vacation and personal time, group health insurance, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, 403b pension plan, and flexible spending accounts.
- Oversee staff joining and leaving, with regards to final paychecks, COBRA eligibility, unemployment benefit claims, and other payroll and benefits issues.
- Maintain the Hesperian Employee Handbook and propose updates as needed to reflect legal and organizational changes; manage employee compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintain Hesperian’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
- Support the Executive Director on human resource matters in general; liaise with employment attorney as required on legal issues.
- Coordinate annual staff performance review process for all staff.
Fulfillment management (10%)
- Supervise the Fulfillment Coordinator, including updating of the Fulfillment Manual, oversight of book printing and delivery, inventory storage and management, book picking and shipping, book returns, the Gratis book program, and customer payments, credit, and discounts.
- Supervise the Customer Service Coordinator, including oversight of customer orders made through the website and through other sources.
- Ensure complete and accurate integration of data from fulfillment (including book deliveries, consignment stock, book orders, books dispatched, and returns) into the accounting system.
Office and facilities management (5%)
- Liaise with the Executive Assistant and the Landlord as required to ensure that office facilities provide a safe working environment and that the physical assets of the organization are secure.
- Ensure appropriate general liability, property, and Directors and Officers insurance coverage.
- Act as Documents Custodian in line with Hesperian’s Document Retention Policy; retain and destroy documents as required to comply with this policy.
- Liaise with the IT Administrator to ensure that the accounting software is functioning properly, is regularly and securely backed up, and is properly reconciled with other IT systems.
Skills and qualifications
- Four or more years of experience in financial management and accounting
- Strong financial analysis skills, including experience of creating budgets
- Two or more years of supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of team members
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Enthusiasm for Hesperian’s work, mission, and philosophy
- Nonprofit financial management experience
- Experience with human resources and benefits administration
- Experience in health or international development
Depending on Experience. Excellent benefits.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com, with the subject line “Business Manager Application”. No calls, please.
The position will remain open until filled. Hesperian is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage people of color and people with disabilities to apply. Hesperian policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed or religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
For further information about Hesperian Health Guides, see our website at www.hesperian.org.